If cash back is what you want from your rewards credit card, then the U.S. Bank Cash+ Visa Signature Card might just be the card for you. This credit card lets you earn 5% cash back on the first $2,000 you spend each quarter from two categories you choose. Read on to find out how this card works.
- Earn 5% cash back on your first $2,000 in net purchases each quarter on the combined two categories you choose
- Earn 2% cash back on your choice of one everyday category like gas, groceries or drug store purchases.
- Earn 1% cash back on everything else.
- Earn a $25 cash bonus once a year when you redeem $100 or more in a single redemption.
- No limit to total cash back earned.
- Categories are subject to change quarterly.
Examples of categories from the last quarter of 2013:
- 5% Categories: sporting good stores, cell phone, bookstores, department stores, restaurants, electronic stores, hotels, fast food, furniture stores, car rental, charity, movie theaters
- 2% Categories (Everyday Categories): gas stations, grocery stores, drug stores
Each quarter, card users would choose two categories from the 5% categories each quarter and one category from the 2% categories.
We can’t say enough good things about this card. And if you use Reward Summit and turn on aggregation, we can tell you each quarter exactly what categories to pick to maximize your rewards based on prior and likely future spending habits. For example, by using restaurants and department stores for 5% at $2,000 of spend and supermarkets at 2% for $2,4000 of purchases and 1% on another $5,000 in purchases in other categories, one of our customers recently earned a whopping $198 TAX FREE ,from this card alone, in three months.
- Zero fraud liability and fraud protection
- Travel accident insurance if tickets are purchased with a U.S. Bank Cash+ Card
- Free credit score
- Concierge service for tasks such as finding tickets, booking travel, and making dinner reservations, etc.
- Discounts and upgrades to some hotels, resorts, and cruise lines.
- Discounts for some entertainment, dining, sports, and goods purchases
- Roadside Dispatch and Travel & Emergency Assistance
Users must choose their categories each quarter or will earn only 1% cash back on all purchases.
Card applicants who are not approved, will be considered for the U.S. Bank Cash Rewards Visa Card, which earns 1% cash back on all net purchases, but does not offer the 5% and 2% Categories or the $25 Bonus.
To truly determine if this card is right for you, use it in conjunction with the Reward Summit app, which helps you choose the best reward credit card in your wallet with every purchase for maximum reward points.